12 amazing benefits of walnuts
Walnuts offer a wide range of nutrients, including large amounts of healthy, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. In addition, walnuts naturally contain very little sodium, but they contain potassium and low carbohydrates in the form of natural sugars. Regular consumption of nuts brings many benefits to the body.
There are studies that claim that consuming about 30 grams of walnuts per day can reduce the risk of heart disease by 30-50% and decrease the risk of heart disease by about 20%. Also, researchers say that daily consumption of nuts leads to improved cholesterol levels in the body.
Here are the main benefits of nut consumption:
- Ensures skin and hair health. Nuts are great for the skin, which is why a lot of brands that make skin care products include nuts in their ingredients. The explanation is that the nuts being rich in nutrients ensure an additional health of the skin. They are also beneficial for strengthening the hair. Many shampoos contain walnut extracts and walnut oil, as they maintain healthy hair and make it shiny. In addition, the oil is recognized for its role in stopping dandruff. At the same time, the oil is also good in cases of seborrheic dermatitis, as an adjuvant in addition to the treatment recommended by the dermatologist.
- Good for the heart. Walnuts contain a high level of Omega-3 fatty acids which is beneficial for the cardiovascular system. For example, experts say that regular daily nut intake can help lower blood pressure.
- Reduce the level of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to reduce bad cholesterol in the body and encourage the production of good cholesterol.
- They increase the body's immunity. Walnuts have large amounts of antioxidants that keep the immune system healthy and prevent disease.
- Improving memory. Being rich in Omega 3 fatty acids the nuts are good for the brain, it helps the nervous system to function at optimal parameters and improves memory.
- Prevent breast cancer. There are studies that argue that these can reduce the risk of developing breast cancer, but for some certainty other studies are needed.
- Adjuvant in inflammatory diseases. Patients diagnosed with asthma, psoriatic arthritis or those who have different eczema on the skin may consume these nuts by improving their symptoms.
- I maintain bone health. Walnuts contain a fatty acid called alpha-linolenic acid which is used to maintain strong bones.
- It removes insomnia. Walnuts contain melatonin and this may be beneficial for those with sleep problems.
- Good at pregnancy. Ideal for pregnancy because it contains B vitamins.
- Eliminates constipation. Walnuts are high in fiber and are an excellent way to maintain the digestive system at optimal parameters. Also, having fibers are good for relieving constipation.
- Treats fungal infections. Fungal infections are quite upsetting and difficult to pass, and walnuts can be helpful.