14 extremely toxic plants. Ingesting the leaves can kill a man within minutes

14 extremely toxic plants. Ingesting the leaves can kill a man within minutes

Over time, people have learned to use plants for their own benefit … they have learned that some can treat diseases very well, and others on the contrary, can cause more harm. Today, we use certain plants strictly in decorative form, but do we know what is behind them?

Eng. Costel Vântoru, the director of the Laboratory of Genetics and Improvement at the Research and Development Station for Vegetable Culture in Buzau made a top with the most toxic plants.

1. The Leander

Although it looks like a harmless and very beautiful plant, do not be fooled by the pleasant colors of the dandelion. Leander is one of the most poisonous plants, grown in households. The plant grows in rich shrubs and has very beautiful flowers and therefore we are tempted to grow them. But if you do this, be careful not to touch them or eat the leaves or seeds. These are very toxic and cause intestinal problems and severe pain. Also, the swing can cause heart problems, poor circulation, chills, strokes, coma and even death. In India, there are many cases where people have tried to kill themselves.

2. Christmas

To begin with we will present an example that is well known to all. Christmas is an ornamental plant, known and named in this way because it blooms around Christmas. The plant usually has red and green leaves and produces pink flowers. However, there are many chromatic combinations.
Passing on the aspect that Christmas has, we must mention that the plant is quite toxic. People who swallowed leaves of this plant complained of suffering from diarrhea and skin rashes. In some cases, the people who touched the leaves and then brought the hands to the eyes suffered from temporary vision disorders.
In most cases, patients who have come to doctors because of poisoning with this plant are children.

3. Iedera

This plant is probably the most common climbing plant in Europe. And in Romania many people who have a yard, or even a block, prefer to "decorate" a wall with ivy. Being a climbing plant, it grows very fast and extends very much. As long as the weather is warm, the plant is always green. Moving on to the appearance that not many know, ivy is at the same time a poisonous plant. And this time it is the children who suffer the most. Ivy leaves cause hallucinations and fever. In many cases symptoms like delirium, skin irritation or basal in the mouth area have been recorded.

4. Aloe Vera

We know that most of you will disagree with the fact that Aloe Vera is toxic. That is why we mention that we do not want to convince anyone of this, but only to present some real facts. Aloe Vera is a plant that contains a sap inside. It is easy to recognize because it is a thorny plant, which has a cactus appearance and produces
some yellow flowers. Aloe Vera has been used since the time of the incomes to treat burns, but they also knew how to manipulate the plant and what to choose from it. In conclusion, neither the stem nor the sap that is inside the aloe vera plant is toxic, but the membrane found between the strain and sap.
Those who swallowed the plant in the raw form reported severe dizziness, diarrhea, skin rash and discoloration
urine in red (not blood).

5. Azalea

This plant is well known and appreciated all over the world. The flowers that Azaleea develops start from white to bright pink and emit a lovely smell. What to say, is a wonder in the yard of any housewife who wants to make a good impression.
As lovely as Azalea is, it is so dangerous if the leaves are swallowed. Compared to the plants presented above, we add to the list of dangers and death, in this case. Symptoms of azalea leaf poisoning start from vomiting, excessive salivation, exaggerated dampening of eyes and nose, abdominal pain, respiratory problems, paralysis of the hands and feet and finally a coma leading to death.

6. Dieffenbachia

The name may not say anything, but the picture is more than clear. There are many houses in which a pot with Dieffenbachia triumphantly rings near a door or in the living room. It must be known that Dieffenbachia is a species from the tropical forest area, it is a decorative plant that has large, oval, elongated, green leaves with white spots. Among the most common symptoms in case of intoxication are the inability to articulate words, nausea, vomiting and dizziness.

7. Green Cranberries

The species of Hippomane Mancinella tree is among the most poisonous in the world – native to Florida, it has spread to the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Central America and Spain, where it bears the name of "the merits of death." The fruit is not the only toxic element, the tree being completely harmful for both humans and animals. Consuming fruit, which resembles apples, causes death, and the tree is no good shelter for rain, because water causes it to secrete a whitish substance, which, in contact with the skin, burns it. The wood is also not good for burning, because the smoke produced is very toxic and can cause blindness and respiratory problems.

8. Matrimony

This plant has several names, including Belladonna, Cherries of Death and the Devil's Wall. Both the fruits and the leaves are extremely toxic and there are cases in which children died after eating only two fruits. This is one of the most toxic plants in the Western Hemisphere, and fruit consumption leads to delirium, hallucinations, dilated pupils, sensitivity to light, tachycardia, headaches, skin rashes and seizures. If they do not receive the antidote in time, those who eat these fruits will die from breathing problems and the alert heart rhythm.

9. The shark

Castor oil is a known digestive. Although it tastes horrible, it is not harmful to the body, but you will be surprised to find that a single seed of the plant from which it is manufactured can kill a man in just a few minutes. When castor oil is produced, many toxic components of the plant are removed to be safe for consumption. If you are still among the lucky ones who do not die from the plant disease, you can expect symptoms such as nausea, dizziness, tachycardia, stroke and low blood pressure – the symptoms may last for several weeks.

10. Sew

This plant grows in areas with a temperate climate and is found in Romania, usually in the field or on the water's edge. It is known as "the most violent plant in North America", and the poison is found in the roots of the plant. Touching or ingesting the fluid that flows from the root of the plant causes brain attack and death.

11. Tisa

Tisa, or "Taxus baccata", is one of the most dangerous trees in the world, growing in the forests of Europe. Except for fruit, the whole tree is toxic. Tisa was used by naturalists in the past to induce abortion, but unfortunately the result was usually fatal for both mother and baby. Plant consumption causes heart attack and death. The effect manifests quickly and there is no antidote.

12. Pebble

Although some people consume the roots of these plants, when it comes to the leaves, the situation is very different … even fatal. Eating large amounts of Rheum leaves can cause breathing difficulties and burns to the mouth and throat. Symptoms appear within about an hour of consumption and include: seizures, internal bleeding, coma and death.

13. Laurel Daphne

This plant is specific for Europe and North Africa and is a very large species of plants, having both scented and poisonous plants. Usually, ingesting a few seeds of this plant causes intestinal colic, coma and death.

14. Ciumafaia

The first plant ever used to cause death in the United States was plague – used by Americans against British troops. Ciumafaia, also called the trumpet of the devil, the grass of hell or the bells of hell, is a very common plant, even in us but its consumption is deadly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *