9 less known things about anemia
Strong fatigue is a common symptom of several diseases, some serious. But, more often than not, tiredness is the first sign of anemia.
The main symptoms of anemia are loss of appetite, dizziness, ringing in the ears, constipation, headaches, severe pain in the skin, severe heartbeat, facial pallor, dizziness.
Diagnosis with a simple blood test
The diagnosis of anemia can be confirmed by a simple blood test that measures the hemoglobin level. Normal hemoglobin is 11-15 g / 100 ml blood in females and between 13 and 16 g / 100 ml blood in men.
Causes of anemia are multiple, but most often the iron deficiency is at the base. In particular, in the absence of sufficient iron, the body will not be able to produce enough hemoglobin. Anemia due to iron deficiency that can be corrected either by diet or by a supply of supplements. Foods rich in iron are: red meat, lentils, beans, cereals, eggs, liver, fish, spinach, lewd, nettles, dried fruit. Iron supplements are only recommended by a doctor.
9 less known things about anemia:
- After dental caries, anemia is the second most common disease in the world.
- Anemia is more common in women, but when it occurs in men it is more severe, for example, anemia can be one of the signs of colon cancer.
- Vitamin C is very important, helping to absorb iron in the body.
- Most people do not know they have anemia. Often anemia is asymptomatic. But untreated anemia will worsen over time, and the heart may suffer, and the patient may even experience heart failure.
- Lack of zinc can lead to anemia. This has been noticed more often in children. Zinc can be supplemented with food: fish, meat, liver, eggs, dairy and vegetables.
- Coffee consumption should be reduced considerably if there is an anemia. A large amount of caffeine will prevent iron from absorbing food.
- Spinach is a hopeful ally in the fight against anemia. It has a nutritional, remineralizing role and is recommended for anemia but also for improving physical asthenia often in close connection with anemia.
- Bananas contribute to the improvement of anemia, which is a rich source of vitamins, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
- Green salad is a very good remedy against anemia, especially if it is consumed daily.