Do not ignore the pain felt during a moment of intimacy! It may be the symptom of visceral, vulvar, psychosomatic or even neurogenic disorders
From the pleiad of conditions that have symptoms of pain experienced during sexual intercourse, most often, dyspareunia (pain) occurs in vulvovaginal pathology, thinning / atrophy of the mucosa, decreased vasculature, decreased vaginal discharge, largely caused by an estrogenic hormonal deficiency and when there are infections with various pathogens such as Candida, Herpes simplex 2, Trychomonas vaginalis and Chlamydia.
List of affections
Also, pain during intercourse can also be a symptom of the following conditions:
● Endometriosis: occurs in the endometrial tissue characteristic of the uterine cavity, in the vaginal mucosa and cervix;
● Pelvic inflammatory disease: Inflammatory reaction of pelvic tissues;
● Infections of the lower urinary tract;
● Psychosocial issues: stress due to fear of sexual intercourse or unwanted pregnancy;
● Menopause: through physiological estrogen deficiency;
● After genital surgery;
● In the case of cysts.
Among the less common causes we list some drug treatments, radiotherapy, oncological diseases, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular and rheumatic diseases. The fact is that for all of this we do not treat ourselves, but we go to control and treatment at a gynecologist.