Infarction occurs when the blood flow that carries the oxygen to the heart is blocked partially or totally, which leads to oxygen deprivation of the heart muscle.
Also known as myocardial infarction, heart attack is an unexpected condition that causes death in most cases.
Symptoms of a heart attack occur only 3 hours after triggering, so it is vital to intervene as soon as possible to increase your chances of survival.
Here are the manifestations observed among people who have had a heart attack:
– chest tightness
– difficulty in breathing
– Excessive chest pain
– Upper abdominal pain
– feeling restless in the arms, cheeks, neck, teeth
– dizziness and general confusion
– Excessive sweating
If you are unlucky to be a victim of a myocardial infarction and have no one around to help you, you need to know that there are some measures that, if properly applied, can ensure your survival until you gets the medical team.
First aid tips that can save your life in case of heart attack:
1. The first thing you have to do is call 112 and call for help; until physicians have to relax, you have to relax your body; Under no circumstances should you exercise or agitate yourself. During the heart attack, the body must be stretched out and the legs should be raised.
2. If you experience symptoms specific to the infarction, take a 325 mg aspirin because it is known that it keeps blood flow and reduces clotting. Instead of swallowing the tablet, chew it slowly.
3. If you are driving, even if the hospital is nearby, pull right as quickly as you can lose your knowledge at any time.
4. Do not eat or drink anything during a heart attack.
5. Try to lower the body temperature by placing a damp cloth under the axes.
Once the heartbeat has reached a steady pace, it is advisable to relax and breathe fresh air as the body needs a lot of oxygen.