Foods are great when you want to cleanse your liver of toxins
When you feel tired, have headaches, and appetite has disappeared, your liver may be tired.
That's why it's a good idea to go to a doctor and analyze to see if there is a problem with your liver's health. But changing lifestyle, especially diet, plays an essential role when we want to have a healthy liver.
Detoxify your liver and eat healthy
The first step is to detoxify the body, specifically the liver. Obviously, your gastroenterologist may recommend a certain scheme or even some treatments. But, you can find an ally in food alone.
Specialists claim that the liver is the organ whose main function is the elimination of toxins in the body, helping the other organs to function properly. Processed foods, alcohol or pollution are factors that cause liver overload. Therefore, it is extremely important to stimulate the liver to eliminate the substances resulting from the metabolism of ingested products. This can be done through a healthy diet and the elimination of certain foods.
There are foods that help liver detoxification include grapefruit, carrot, beets, green tea, apples, cold pressed vegetable oil, lemon and cabbage.
Here's what foods to help you detoxify your liver:
- Avocado is a fruit that has many nutritious and nourishing substances. They help the body produce a substance called glutathione, essential for the elimination of toxins.
- Green tea is, in turn, extremely useful for liver health because it contains catechins – a powerful antioxidant.
- Grapefruit, for example, helps detoxify the liver due to vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Lemon can contribute to liver health if every morning we drink a glass of fresh juice, making liver functions more active from the first hour.
- Garlic contains large amounts of allicin and selenium, important for the liver purification process.
- Green vegetables. Most green vegetables are useful in detoxifying the liver due to their chlorophyll content. So you can eat raw green vegetables in salads and juices or use them when cooking soups.
- Eaten cabbage often stimulates normal liver function and helps eliminate harmful substances for the body.
- Apples with pectin content help eliminate toxins that accumulate in the digestive tract.
- Dandelion root tea has a positive effect on the detoxification process of the liver.