Fruit medicine. Their anticancer and antiviral effects have also amazed doctors
Pomegranate has been used for thousands of years as a medicine, and today its health benefits are recognized.
Due to the rich intake of vitamins and antioxidants, it is recommended to include rhodium in our daily diet. The fruit contains the complex of vitamins B (B3, B5, B6, B2, B1), vitamins E, C, minerals, manganese, selenium and folic acid. Also, pomegranate has anticancer and antiviral effects.
Pomegranate is rich in polyphenols, especially tannins and flavonoids. It also has a high content of vitamin C, a single fruit providing more than 40% of the daily requirement. Therefore, especially in winter when the body is exposed to all sorts of viruses and bacteria, it is good to make a habit of regularly consuming pomegranate.
Here are the health benefits:
- Pomegranate juice contains higher levels of antioxidants than most other fruit juices. It also has three times more antioxidants than red wine and green tea. Antioxidants in pomegranate juice can help remove free radicals, protect cells from damage and reduce inflammation.
- It contributes to the stimulation of immunity, being rich in vitamin C. The juice of a single pomegranate has more than 40% of the daily requirement of vitamin C. Vitamin C can be broken down when it is pasteurized, so opt for pomegranate juice or fresh pomegranate juice to get most of the nutrients.
- Protection against Alzheimer's disease. The antioxidants in the juice and their high concentration are believed to block the progression of Alzheimer's disease and protect the memory.
- Improves digestion. Pomegranate juice can reduce inflammation in the intestine and improve digestion. It may be beneficial for people with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and other inflammatory bowel diseases. Moreover, a pomegranate contains one third of the daily required fiber dose.
- Pomegranate juice is a powerful anti-inflammatory due to its high concentration of antioxidants. This can help reduce inflammation throughout the body and prevent oxidative stress and damage.
- Studies have shown that pomegranate juice and extract also have beneficial effects in patients with osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis.
- The pomegranate fruit contains an important supply of minerals and antioxidants that improve blood circulation and prevent heart disease. Antioxidants such as polyphenols, tannins and anthocyanins found in pomegranate juice are essential for the proper functioning of the heart. There are studies that claim that daily consumption of pomegranate juice may be helpful in lowering systolic blood pressure.
- Old diabetes. Rhodia has traditionally been used as a remedy for diabetes in the Middle East and India. While many are still unaware of the effects of pomegranate on diabetes, it can help lower insulin resistance and lower blood sugar levels.
- Prevents anemia – because it is a natural source of vitamins and minerals, it improves blood circulation and contributes to the best tone. Rodia, a wonderful ingredient in cosmetics. The explanation is that pomegranate has antioxidant properties that are beneficial for maintaining the beauty of the skin. It is also used to reduce freckles and pigment stains.
- There are also studies that claim that regular consumption of pomegranate would help prevent prostate cancer. However, research is still needed for this.
Careful! Rodia is a food that can get into the nutrition of children, but with a certain caution, it is more suitable for babies who already have a life expectancy.