Goji fruits are the fruits with the most powerful antioxidant effect of all the food in the world. They are a rich source of vitamin C and carotene, practically they have more carotene than any other food. Therefore, their consumption is extremely beneficial to an individual’s health.
Here’s what the health benefits of goji fruit consumption:
- Increase immunity. They contain essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids and polysaccharides to help boost immunity.
- It also helps lower cholesterol, improves blood circulation, vision and fertility.
- More they contain zeaxanthin – a relief compound in minimizing the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration, the leading cause of vision loss in people over 65 years of age.
- Also, a single handful of goji per week will help you fight iron anemia and deficiency in your body.
- Goji fruit is a hopeful ally in slimming belts because it accelerates digestion and is low in calories.
- There are studies that say it would be helpful for inflammatory diseases, rheumatism or arthritis.
- They are also beneficial in respiratory illnesses, ameliorating the symptoms of asthma and cough.
- It helps to increase attention and concentration while reducing the feeling of fatigue.
Furthermore, there are researchers who claim that they can regulate blood glucose and are recommended for people diagnosed with diabetes.
Goji has the same beneficial effect regardless of how they are consumed: juice, fruit or tea. They are recommended in any season. You can mix them in yogurt so you will enjoy a consistent and delicious breakfast.
Nutritionists believe that the ideal dose of goji fruit for people who want to maintain their optimal health is 16 g per day, and those who want to treat a particular condition should not exceed 100 g per day.
However, before you consume them, it is good to talk to your doctor because they can interact with certain medications. For example, those for blood pressure. There are also cases in which they may be allergenic.