Salvia is a renowned plant for years for beneficial effects on health. Specialists claim to have antiseptic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, astringent, antineural, hypoglycemic, depurative, digestive, choleretic action. Have you convinced now how good the sage is? If not, then read about the benefits of this plant.
Furthermore, experts say this plant also has beneficial properties on the nervous system, having a calming effect. Moreover, it may seem that it can reduce anxiety, prevent cancer, help reduce the symptoms of menopause, detoxify the body, help you lose weight. It is also very good for those who have diabetes because there are studies that show that it can lower blood sugar levels and increase the resistance of the body to infection.
Salvia, a plant originated in the Mediterranean region that has grown in Europe and Asia, is good for human organisms because it is very rich in vitamins. Salvia contains a complex of vitamins that make it a plant with therapeutic properties. More specifically, salvia contains vitamin A, B, vitamin C, minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc and sodium, being a true source of substances for the body.
From the sage, leaves and flowers are used, and they are very rich in volatile oils. Salvia can be used as infusion, cataplasma, wine, oil, powder, tincture and vinegar. Sage tea can be used both internally and externally.
Here are the benefits of sage tea when consumed internally:
- Protects the heart,
- Regulates sweat,
- Accelerates intestinal transit, facilitates digestion, counteracts bloating,
- It relieves the symptoms of menopause, especially hot flashes and sudden mood swings,
- Calms pains associated with premenstrual syndrome,
- Treat gingivitis, stomatitis, afte,
- Relaxes the muscles,
- It improves cough,
- Protects the liver from toxins,
- Improves cognitive ability,
- Stimulates blood circulation,
- Useful for panic attacks,
- Helps reduce symptoms of respiratory infections,
- Reduces blood glucose levels and weakens body resistance to insulin,
- Adjuvant for bronchitis,
- It helps you lose weight,
- It improves the quality of sleep, it also seems to improve insomnia
- Relieves neck pain,
- It is an exceptional natural diuretic,
- Eliminates constipation,
- Helps reduce high cholesterol levels,
At the external level, salvia also has many benefits. It can be used to treat heavily healed wounds by applying sage cataplasms. Cataplasms are prepared by dipping a handful of crushed leaves for 2 hours in warm water and then draining and placing in a sterile compress. It is applied to the wound for two hours in warm water and then drained and placed in sterile gauze. It applies to the wound on a daily basis for one hour.