Cholesterol has many functions in the body and is found in every cell of the human body. It is naturally produced in the liver, but it also comes from the foods we eat. Certain natural remedies, teas are helpful in the fight with increased cholesterol.
The main functions of cholesterol are: regulating the immune system, protecting the arteries, veins, practically protecting all the muscles in the body. Also, cholesterol is essential for the synthesis of vitamin D3, which in turn is responsible for maintaining healthy bones.
There are two types of cholesterol:
- LDL – popularly called bad cholesterol. It comes from what a person consumes, from food. A high level of LDL means an increased risk of heart disease. Basically, bad cholesterol can block your arteries and lead to heart attack or stroke.
- HDL – popularly called good cholesterol. It is produced by the human body.
At the same time, cholesterol fights free radicals and their negative effects.
Unfortunately, a high level of cholesterol, although it can cause harm, has no symptoms. Therefore, it is essential for each individual to have blood tests – the lipid profile.
Certain factors favor the increase of cholesterol. Thus, high cholesterol levels are influenced primarily by an unhealthy diet, sedentary lifestyle, smoking, alcohol consumption, weight, heredity.
The level of cholesterol can be maintained at optimum values by changing the lifestyle. Thus, fat will be given up, processed foods, trans fats should be avoided. The person in question must quit smoking and move. Sport if we exercise for 30 minutes every day, we can reduce the level of cholesterol in the body.
Natural remedies that lower cholesterol:
- Artichoke – a plant that helps lower excess cholesterol.
- Rostopasca – helps as a real liver protector but also to reduce cholesterol levels.
- Olive leaves – they also exist in capsule form, but they also come in the composition of some tinctures. These have the role of lowering blood pressure and lowering LDL cholesterol, while increasing good cholesterol.
- Platelet – is renowned for its properties in reducing triglyceride and bad cholesterol levels.
- Hawthorn tea is indicated for lowering cholesterol levels in the blood. In addition, it reduces inflammation in the body and regulates blood pressure.
Also, some foods can lower cholesterol levels in the blood. So you can consume with confidence: salmon, dark chocolate, spinach, avocado, olive oil, oats, garlic.