Running, one of the most beneficial activities! What we eat after

How do we improve muscle mass?

Running is an activity beneficial to the human body and also among the most accessible types of physical activity along with walking.

The benefits of jogging are well known for both general health and well-being. As a rule, in order to ensure a proper tonus, for a good muscular balance, but also to reduce the risk of developing diseases, especially cardiovascular, doctors recommend 30 to 45 minutes of movement or light running per day three days a week.

In order to turn into tangible benefits the effects that the treadmill brings to our health, a very important aspect to take into account is the post-exercise and recovery after exercise, essential both for muscle recovery and healthy muscle maintenance, but also for increasing resistance. A muscle takes 24 to 48 hours to recover and working again too soon, without taking account of a recovery routine, can cause tissue damage.

Restoring the balance between intake and loss of fluid, and eating nutrient-rich foods will help the body recover and maintain muscle tone.

Replaces lost fluids

Running involves the loss of valuable fluid through sweat such as water and electrolytes. The main electrolytes are sodium, eliminated by the human body mainly by sweating, along with potassium, calcium and magnesium. These are necessary for digestive, blood, muscular and nervous systems and help to contract and relax the muscles. Water accounts for about 70% of the human body mass, therefore hydration is an essential component for any physical activity, especially to avoid muscle cramps, fatigue, or eventual post-training dizziness.

Water supports every metabolic function and nutrient transfer in the body, and restoring the optimal hydration level is important for recovery and performance improvement. A water with a rich content of natural minerals contributes to completing the daily needs of minerals essential to heart health such as calcium, magnesium and potassium.

In turn, alcohol-free beer can be a viable rehydration solution after physical activity. With over 93% of water in the composition, beer can provide the body with minerals and antioxidants, substances that help the body recover after physical effort. Approximately 75% of the beers contain the malt (barley or other roasted cereals), and the remaining 25% of the water. Antioxidants come mainly from hops. Beer also contains carbohydrates, sodium, potassium and magnesium, which can help ease the feeling of muscle fatigue.

"A healthy lifestyle can translate into eating, mentally, emotionally, and physically. Introducing sport into our routine is just as important as adopting a proper diet. Whether we choose to practice a sport or not, hydration is needed and varies according to the type and intensity of the effort we make. A sedentary adult needs an average of about 2.5 liters of water per day. Beer-free beer can be a source of hydration, in addition to water, consisting of natural ingredients with a significant intake of polyphenols, "says Corina Zugravu, president of the Center for Beer, Health and Nutrition Studies.

Includes carbohydrates and proteins

The foods we eat play an important role in the body's energy replenishment after a jogging session or physical exercise for tissue recovery and repair. Consuming nutrients after training can reduce the amount of decomposed protein during exercise, increase muscle protein synthesis, preserve glycogen stores and improve recovery.

Ideally, nutritionists recommend eating at least one hour after finishing the training and including proteins and carbohydrates in the diet. Carbohydrates recommended for consumption after physical exercise include potatoes, quinoa, fruits such as pineapple, forest fruits, bananas, kiwi or cereals such as rice, oats and pasta. Proteins are essential for the growth and restoration of muscle tissue. Among other things, this category includes: eggs, yoghurt, sweet cheese, salmon, tuna, chicken.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *