The body of the woman changes with age, the metabolism becomes more lazy, the hormonal changes influence the mood, body shape and health, and the digestive system is no longer functioning as in the youth.
After 40 years, women are more prone to high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, arthritis and obesity. Now begins to lose muscle, bone density decreases, and metabolism consumes more than assimilates. Menopause is close, and female hormone variations have a huge influence on the body. During this time, the weight differences are very small, but the accumulated kilos are very hard to lose.
A healthy diet consists of a higher protein intake and a daily requirement of 1,800 calories.
– You need a nutrition rich in vitamins, especially vitamin C (a powerful antioxidant) and vitamin B complex (tonifies skin and muscles) and minerals such as calcium (prevents osteoporosis), magnesium and phosphorus.
– Remove high-cholesterol foods (pork, cream, eggs, milk and butter) and replace them with skimmed yoghurt, ocean fish, broccoli, tomatoes and citrus.
– Consume more fiber because it gives a feeling of satiety and favors digestion, prevents the accumulation of extra pounds, constipation and reduces cholesterol.
– Do not forget about the 30 minutes of daily motion because it slows the natural aging process of the body!
– If you want to follow diet slimming, it is good to choose those based on fruits and vegetables, but also on dairy products.
– Avoid drastic slimming straps, starvation or strict vegetarian diet.
– At breakfast, choose whole grains, black bread, dairy products, fruit or vegetable salad.
– It is important that, starting with this age, you should take dietary supplements, especially mineral, associated with vitamins.
– Lunch should be solid and contain 50% green vegetables and 50% dried vegetables and meat.
– At dinner, eat light foods rich in minerals and vitamins, such as dairy, fruit and vegetables.
– Discard or drink in very small quantities alcohol, coffee and spicy foods. Instead, drink plenty of water and two cups of green tea a day.