Natural treatments are of great use in slowing the aging process of the skin, using certain plants and herbal products with tonic, moisturizing, nourishing, emollient and vitaminizing actions.
The natural aging process of the skin starts from the age of 20, when the production of collagen and elastin is reduced, two protein substances that ensure skin elasticity. Gradually, the muscles of the face lose their tone, the subcutaneous layer of fat is reduced, and the skin loses its velvety appearance. After the age of 50, the epidermis becomes increasingly dry, and fine wrinkles appear, depending on the action of the different favorable factors, which accelerate the wrinkling process.
Aggressive factors, which hasten the aging of the skin, are: disordered life, non-observance of hours of rest, smoking, use of highly degreasing cosmetics. Even the position of the face on the pillow at night can cause wrinkles. Women sleeping on one side notice wrinkles on the cheek and chin.
The natural treatments are of great use, using certain plants and herbal products with tonic, moisturizing, nourishing, emollient and vitaminizing actions, which have effects in slowing down the aging process of the skin. The main objectives are:
– the use of herbal infusions for skin cleansing;
– toning dry and sensitive skin with appropriate creams and gels;
– moisturizing the normal skin with creams and herbal extracts.
The treatments consist of daily washing to ensure the repair of the tissues, after which the skin is nourished with regenerating substances, which stimulate the vitality by activating the blood circulation and oxygenating the skin.
They are effective:
– compresses with infusions of chamomile blossoms, sage leaves and football grass, decoction of roots of tallow, to which is added a tablespoon of honey bees and grape juice;
– compresses with warm olive oil, applied to the cheek, temples and forehead, after which it is washed with warm water, having a role in softness, hydration, giving the skin elasticity, replacing the lack of collagen and proteins;
– resting and antiseptic compresses with infusion of blue flowers for wrinkled eyelids and with decoction of ginger roots, with strong anti-wrinkle effect;
– poultices with carrots, cucumbers, apricots, strawberries, bananas and melons (100 g), mixed with boiled milk (50 g) and boiled and cooled water (50 ml); it is applied every evening, for two or three weeks, after which it is continued once a week;
– anti-wrinkle creams, nourishing and moisturizing, with yellows, Aloe Vera and tarrata or with honey, coenzyme Q10, olive oil and vitamins (A, C, E), applied in the morning and evening;
– nutritious and emollient masks applied on wrinkled areas, with grape juice, Ionathan apples, strawberries, bananas or lemon, mixed with cheese of cows, honey, carrots and rose oil;
– mask in a mixture with a yolk, two tablespoons of wheat germ oil, brewer's yeast, 30 minutes drive, having smoothing effects on the skin.
A healthy diet rich in fruits, fresh vegetables, olive oil and nuts is beneficial, with an important role in protecting the skin from the oxidizing action of the sun's rays, which form free radicals in the epidermis cells. Vitamins C and E and polyphenols in the composition of fruits and vegetables neutralize these radicals. Olive oil, rich in unsaturated fatty acids, contains antioxidants, which neutralize the attack of free radicals in the skin, helping to prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
Foods rich in sulfur are indicated (cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, pistachio, garlic, onion, leek, mustard, eggs), which helps to maintain elasticity and smooth the skin.
Fluid consumption is mandatory for skin hydration. Also, the consumption of red meat, animal fat, fries, fries, sugar, chocolate, refined sweets should be reduced.