They are full of vitamins and keep cardiovascular diseases away
Dried plums are not only tasty but especially healthy. They are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, fiber. It facilitates digestion, prevents cardiovascular disease and takes care of your memory.
Dried plums are a good source of vitamin A, C and group B, fiber, potassium, copper, calcium, magnesium, selenium, iron. In general, dried fruits are excellent sources of soluble fiber and prevent cardiovascular disease and internal inflammation. They are also an excellent source of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and proper functioning of the heart.
Experts say that dried plums have a higher caloric content than fresh plums and a higher concentration of vitamins and mineral salts.
Here are the benefits of using dried plums:
- Facilitates digestion. Dried plums are recommended when you have constipation problems or when you want to regulate your intestinal transit.
- They can prevent cardiovascular disease. Some studies claim that regular consumption of dried plums, high fiber foods, could prevent cardiovascular disease.
- It contributes to cell regeneration. The explanation is that they are rich in phytonutrients
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis. With a lot of antioxidants and flavonoids, dried plums contribute to improving bone health, reducing the risk of osteoporosis. Plums also have vitamin A, and a single fruit has 8% of the daily vitamin intake, which is known to promote bone recovery and growth.
- Take care of your memory. There are studies that claim that dried plums also contain resveratrol, an antioxidant 5 times stronger than beta carotene, 50 times stronger than vitamin E and 20 times as strong as vitamin C. In other words, regular plum use helps keep the memory intact for as long as possible.
- Fight anemia. Dried plums contain vitamin C, which contributes to the absorption of iron in the digestive organs. Specifically, dried plums seem to be able to combat ferivious anemia.
- Helps to lose pounds. The soluble fibers of the dried plums provide a feeling of satiety. In other words, you get rid of the extra pounds easier.