What would you eat if you were diagnosed with an ulcer. The role of diet is essential
An ulcer occurs when there is an imbalance between the digestive juices, which play a role in the digestion of food and the factors that protect the stomach wall or duodenum. Along with treatment, diet plays a major role for the patient diagnosed with ulcer.
The disease is most often caused by infection with Helicobacter pylori bacteria. The most common clinical manifestation of the ulcer is pain. However, between 10% and 40% of the ulcers develop without symptoms and pain. Asymptomatic ulcer is discovered and diagnosed by chance. The patient reaches the specialist gastroenterologist who performs an endoscopy. At the same time, unfortunately, the asymptomatic ulcer is discovered when the complications have already appeared. Specifically, when there are perforations or bleeding.
The ulcer treatment is lasting. Mandatory treatment will be accompanied by a strict diet. It is good to note that any snack you want to serve at night will not do you any good. The explanation is that it can cause gastric secretion at night.
Here's what you can consume if you have an ulcer:
The diet of patients with ulcers should include:
- beef, veal, poultry,
- weak fish,
- weak ham, palsy,
- boiled vegetables, mashed potatoes, puddings or soups,
- sweet milk, cream, butter, fresh cow cheese, cheese, urd,
- fresh eggs,
- oil, flour – gray, rice, pasta,
- day old bread, biscuits,
- sweets in the form of puddings or cakes with dry dough,
- sweet and well ripened fruits,
- carrot juices, apples, peaches.
If you have been diagnosed with ulcer do not consume:
- alcohol, coffee, black tea, carbonated drinks,
- salted, smoked or fried meat,
- fatty fish, smoked or canned fish,
- fermented, smoked cheese,
- beaten milk, yogurt, lard, bacon, mayonnaise,
- soft bread, black bread,
- concentrated sweets (sweetness, chocolate), cheeses,
- cucumbers, radishes, beets, cabbage, beans, lentils, eggplant, tomatoes,
- onions, garlic, hot peppers,
- raw or pungent fruits, nuts, peanuts, almonds,
- absolutely no spices (pepper, beef, horseradish, mustard, vinegar).